CHPP Upgrade - BHP Muswellbrook - 2010-2012
The MAC20 upgrade was a $325 million dollar brown field upgrade of the CHPP, involving upgrade of the coal processing modules from 600tph to 1000tph, new ROM crushing facility and upgrade of associated conveyor systems.
MRM Engineering provided the Principal Electrical Engineer for the CHPP electrical upgrade, electrical design engineers and site electrical supervisors. The electrical work included scheduling, engineering design, factory testing, commissioning and drafting.
Additionally, MRM preformed safety inspections and audits during the projects. MRM Engineering also provided electrical drafting and administration resources for the project, both on and offsite.
• Conveyor upgrades – Variable speed drives
• CPP Module upgrade 600 to 1000 tonnes per hour
• 4000A main circuit breaker upgrades
• 3MVA transformer upgrade
• ARC flash protection
• Scheduling for shutdowns
• Commissioning of all electrical and instrumentation
• Safety – Zero LTI for entire project